SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast is open
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast is open
In line with the Queensland Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to announce that we have reopened our doors to the public.
Our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members must pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting the aquarium.
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets must pre-book here.
- Please note that we are currently open 5 days a week (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays) from 9am – 3pm. In the Queensland school holidays, we will be open 7 days a week from 9am – 5pm. Further information about opening hours can be found here.
- There is also limited capacity of 150 per seal presentation, and no animal talks or feeds.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact SLSCReservations@merlinentertainments.com.au should you need to amend your booking.
On arrival at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast:
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
Social distancing measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues and viewing areas. Clear markers or signage has been installed in our building entry and viewing areas to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. This includes reduced seating in Seal Stadium. Our employees will monitor the queues and viewing areas to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have closed the café area in order to safely practice social distancing. The kiosk at Seal Stadium will remain open to allow guests to purchase ‘Grab & Go’ food and beverage options.
- There will be a reduced number of educational talks and feeds so please check this page for timings.
- The Seal Presentation currently has reduced capacity in line with our COVID Safe plan and governed by Queensland Health. For more information, please click here.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have suspended some experiences to ensure that social distancing is suitably maintained. This includes the temporary suspension of the Seal Swim, Seal Encounter and Behind the Scenes Tour, however, the Penguin Encounter will continue to operate, and we request guests always respect social distancing.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we now conduct educational talks and how we undertake guest service activities.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates, elevator buttons and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- We have reduced our menu offering of our cafe to place a greater emphasis on ‘Grab & Go’ options. Cutlery and condiments will now be provided to guests with their meal, or on request, rather than left in open areas. The café area will be closed, however, the kiosk at Seal Stadium remains open.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
We thank you for your custom and understanding. Now, let’s make new magical memories together!